Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Preakness Wrap up

I think it is time to get on the I'll Have Another band wagon. He ran the best race of his career in the Preakness and that was off short rest. Bodemeister again ran too good too lose, but those two asserted themselves as the best 3yo's in the crop. They were nine lengths clear of Creative Cause, who is clearly the third best. Union Rags and Dullahan will come back in the Belmont and try to prove they belong in the same breath as I'll Have Another as they will attempt to thwart his Triple Crown Bid. Union Rags will get a lot of attention because he has had miserable trips in his last two starts but there is an argument he might be a one turn horse, and the Belmont might be the wrong race all together for him. Dullahan is very scary, he could very well be the horse that will stop I'll Have Another from winning the Triple Crown, but there is a constant theory that to win the Belmont a horse must be far back, this is not true. I believe it is to a horses advantage to be close to a normally slow pace in the Belmont so I'll Have Another will have a jump on Dullahan. I'll Have Another proved to me his four for four record this year is legit, I hope in two weeks he will make that record five for five and run his way into history.

No comments:

Post a Comment