Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Derby Top 20

There is quite the shakeup in this week's Derby top 20, following major preps there are new horses cracking the top 10 and top 20.

1. Creative Cause- Number 1 because everyone else is falling off, but he is very good.
2. Daddy Nose Best- Love this horse very consistent, seems like he will love Derby Distance
3. Union Rags- He will bounce back but how good is he really?
4. Hansen- Bluegrass is a good choice I think same pattern as Juvenile
5. Gemologist- Yet to lose, Wood Memorial is good test
6. Bodemeister- next race is crucial
7. I'll Have Another- Santa Anita Derby will be a deciding point on this colt
8. Went the Day Well- I loved his spiral effort
9. Take Charge Indy- I liked his Florida Derby but I am not convinced, everything went his way
10. Dullahan- I am not convinced on his dirt ability
11. Howe Great- Very consistent, yet to run a bad race, Bluegrass is next
12. Mark Valeski- We will see I think he is tough, threw a shoe might surprise people on Derby Day
13. Liason- Derby might be a race that suits him, needs to show more though
14. El Padrino- Pretty dissapointed in his Florida Derby effort he hs the ability to bounce back though
15. Secret Circle- The distance keeps getting longer but he keeps winning
16. Alpha- I am really not a fan after watching his replays has not beaten a soul
17. My Adonis- Has fired every time except Delta Jackpot should run well in Wood
18. The Lumber Guy- I really like this horse watch out for him in Wood, he will be my selection
19. Prospective- Very consistent needs to get better
20. Holy Candy- His maiden win was great but he is playing catch up

Daddy Long Legs and Wrote are both being pointed to Derby but I do not get it, Daddy Long Legs hated the dirt in the the Breeders Cup I do not know what would change now, just because he is by Scat Daddy does not mean he will suddenly love dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment