Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekend Performaces

The weekend was headlined by some blowout performances. Ultimate Eagle, I'll Have Another and Game On Dude all freaked over the Santa Anita Dirt.  I really liked all of their performaces, especially Ultimate Eagle who showed alot of upside after winning the Strub.  I want to see another strong performace from I'll Have Another; he might be that good, but I am not sold yet. Game On Dude was very good. I hope Baffert runs him in the Santa Anita Handicap, he obviously likes dirt and is much better at Santa Anita. His synthetic form is good but not good enough to win the Dubai World Cup.

I am not an Alpha believer. I think Alpha is good but when he meets real Derby quality horses I think Alpha will prove to be second tier.

I was very impressed by Battle Hardened. I think he will just improve on his Sam F. Davis victory.   He is lightly raced and obviously very talented. I am looking for him to be a major player in the future.

I believe Mr. Commons is the best turf horse in the country.  He has matured incredibly and I think he is going to make a lot of noise.

The next blog will be on the Gulfstream Stakes Races on Saturday, the Donn, Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap, Hutchenson, and Suwanee River.

No comments:

Post a Comment