Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Results, Rachel Alexandra and upcoming posts

The Gamely- Magical Fantasy won the G1 Gamely Stakes at Hollywood Park on Saturday. She ran down Visit and Diamond Diva in the streatch. Alex Solis timed the ride perfectly to get up in the right time. My pick Diamond Diva finished third and my upset pick Lemon Chiffon finished 5th.

Golden Gate Fields Turf- Spring House overwhelmed the field in the Golden Gate Fields Turf. Spring House was the class of the race and proved it in GGFT. Spring House was my pick in the race, my other pick Porfido scratched.

Rachel Alexandra will not run in the Belmont Stakes on June 6th a decision made by Steve Asmussen and her Owner Jess Jackson. I support there choice not to run her. I do not believe Rachel Alexandra is the best 3 year old in the country. I believe Mine That Bird proved that he is the best, because of his trip in the Preakness, and his dominant victory in the Kentucky Derby.
I personally believe Zenyatta is the overall best horse in the Country.

Next Week- Next week will cover the Belmont Stakes, and the undercard. Following Belmont Week I will write about problems and hot topics involving Horse Racing.

3 comments:

  1. Sad to hear Rachel Alexandra will not run in Belmont

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good though, I think. She will be back soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait until Rachel returns...

    ReplyDelete