Thursday, May 21, 2009

Picks for Weekend Stakes Races of May 23-25 (Memorial Day)

The Grade 1 $600,000 Metropolitan Mile is the feature at Belmont Park on Memorial Day. Smooth Air is my pick for the race 1 for 1 on the dirt this year coming off a dominant victory in the Gulfsteam Park Handicap (G2), but a short battle with colic put him on the shelf for a while but coming back he should be ready, and fit for a big race.

The $150,000 Milady Stakes at Hollywood Park is the feature on the card at Hollywood Park on Saturday. The return of undefeated Champion mare Zenyatta brings plenty of buzz to the race, but her main compettion is another mare named Life is Sweet, who is trained by the same trainer as Zenyatta John Shirreffs! Life Is Sweet is undefeated in the California, as well as this year. Both have similar late running styles, but Zenyatta has not run since October while life is Sweet has raced three times this year all convincing wins. I like Life is Sweet to hand the Champion her first loss.

Early Belmont Pick- My early pick for the Belmont Stakes is Charitable Man, I loved his Peter Pan I just think he is getting better. My trifecta is 1. Charitable Man 2. Mine That Bird 3. Summer Bird Long Shot- Miners Escape and Brave Victoty (Nick Zito Trained)
(Picks could change)

Enjoy the races!

2 comments:

  1. Smooth Air was a good pick, and I was suprised that Bribon could hold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!! The flash up the top is awesome!! horse racing

    ReplyDelete